PHOTO CREDITS: 

Point Center Building

GSU Special Collections

Abbadabba's

Located in the Point Center building, built in 1925 & located along a former trolley line. Abbadabba’s opened in 1981. At first the store was like a flea market, selling toys, cards, gifts, & jewelry & to the back, a small selection of funky shoes. Those funky shoes caught on, & in 1986, the owner left a career with Georgia-Pacific to work full-time making footwear their main focus. A year later shoes were the top seller.